EASTER EGG HUNT - Saturday March 31, 2018 at 11:00 a.m.
This event is an awesome, established event that will take place on the Crystella Ski Hill. Plastic eggs are filled with prizes and are then hidden for kids to find. The kids are sorted by age group and directed to the part of the hill where they will hunt for eggs. Lots of fun for all! There are four age catagories:
Baby Carrots - Ages 1-3
Thumper - Ages 4-5
Peter Cotton Tail - Ages 6-8
Bugs Bunny - Ages 9-11
Grand prizes of stuffed animals and Easter baskets will given to the Baby Carrots and Thumper ages groups and bicycles will be given to the Peter Cotton Tail and Bugs Bunny age groups.
Easter Egg Hunt poster
CRYSTAL SHINDIG - Saturday, June 16, 2018 ShinDig Poster
Plan for a day of unique crafts and various vendors, music, old cars, kayak race, Lawn Mower & Golf Cart Parade, and yummy, summer food. The fun takes place on the Courthouse grounds in the heart of our friendly town on the hill with the kayak race at the Paint River at the bottom of the Superior Ave.
- 9:00 - 3:00 Art and Craft Fair on Courthouse lawn. art and craft fair vendor form
- 9:00 - 3:00 Car Show on the street in front of the courthouse. Reduced price for early registration. Line-up begins at 8:00 am .on the day of the show. car show registration form Car show poster
- 10:00 am. Lawn Mower, Golf Cart, & Antique Tractor Parade (on Superior Ave. from City Hall to Northern Interstate Bank) No pre-registration required. Contact Superior Sport & Feed Store for more information 906-874-1131. Parade line up begins behind City Hall at 9:30 am. parade poster
- 11:30 am. Kayak Race (Contact Maria Peterson for more information) kayak race poster
- 3:30 - 7:30 pm. Jake & The Fireside Band in the parking lot behind Crystal Theatre (corner of Crystal Ave. & Third St.) There will also be kids games on the grass.
- 9:30 pm. - Fireworks on the Paint River Boardwalk at Lincoln Park
HUMONGOUS FUNGUS FEST - Aug 3 & 4
Friday, August 3
- 11:00 -1:00 pm - Forest Park Booster Club Pasty Sale at United Lutheran Church
- 5:00 pm – The Great Ball Race (hosted by the Knights of Columbus)
- 5:30 pm – Humongous Fungus Fest Parade on Superior Ave. in Crystal Falls THEME: Favorite Shows & Movies
- 7:00 pm – Blooze Brothers concert at the Crystal Theatre – Tickets are $15.00 for adults and $5.00 for students!
Saturday, August 4
- All day – Soft Ball Tournament at Runkle Lake
- 9:00 -3:00 pm – City-wide Rummage Sales
- 9:00 - 4:00 pm – Guided Foraging Tours (Registration required. Call 906-265-3822 to register)
- 10:00 -3:00 pm – Vendor Village plus Mushroom Cook-Off & Cooking Demos – Vote for your favorites!
- 10:00 - 2:00 pm – Pie Social at Christ United Christ Methodist Church
- 11:00 - 2:00 pm – Humongous Mushroom Pizza
- 5:00 -10:00 pm – Beer Tent and Music
ALPHA BLUES FEST- Saturday, August 25, 2018 in Alpha, MI
Vendors, food, and music. The fun begins at 11:00. Click on the name in green to go to their Facebook link.
FORTUNE LAKE CAMP FALL FEST & QUILT AUCTION - Saturday, October 6
This event has been taking place for many years and has quite a following of folks from all the over the upper peninsula and northern Wisconsin. Brunch is offered from 9:00 - 11:30. A Country Market featuring small handcrafted items plus a Country Store with breads and pies will also take place in the morning. Viewing of the quilts begins at 9:00 with the auction starting at 11:00.
CRYSTAL CHRISTMAS - Saturday, December 15, 2018 poster
Plans are in the works for the annual Crystal Falls Crystal Christmas event. Below is a tentative schedule. Events will take place throughout the town and end. This years parade theme is Dr. Seuss' "How The Grinch Stole Christmas".
- Residential and Business Christmas light decorating contest. Judging on Wed., Dec. 12. Registration form may be downloaded by clicking on the red letters or picked up at Superior Sport & Feed Store, Charlie's Emporium, or Ben Franklin.
- 9:00 - 2:00 pm Crystal Christmas Craft & Gift Fair at United Lutheran Church SHOW IS FULL There is also a bake sale and sloppy-joe lunch taking place. Show poster
- 9:00 - 5:00 pm. Sales in stores throughout the town.
- 10:00 - noon Kids crafts at the Crystal Falls Library
- 11:00 Pine Centerpiece Workshop at Forest Park School. This is a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. Contact Ginger at 284-9625
- 11:00 - 1:00 pm Soup luncheon at the Contemporary Center. There will be homemade soup, refreshments, and free cookie decorating and crafts for kids. $5.00 or $10.00 with a handmade pottery bowl of your choice to keep.
- 1:00 - 4:00 pm. Visit with Santa at the VFW.
- 6:00 Ice Shack Parade with Dr. Seuss's "Grinch Who Stole Christmas" theme. Parade begins on Superior Ave. near City Hall and ends in front of Northern Interstate Bank. No pre-registration required. Line up begins on Fourth Street in front of the Fire Dept. Parade poster
- 6:30 (after the parade) at Crystal Theatre - Free movie Dr. Seuss's "Grinch Who Stole Christmas." (classic version) followed by announcement of winners of the Home Decorating Contest, and best parade entry. Santa will also be at the Theatre.